Haunted - Haunted (2016)

12 October, 2016

Haunted - Haunted Album Cover

WOW! A massive, killer album. Yep, I've said it. This is exactly how I want to start this review and what are you gonna do about it? From a beautiful city called Catania in Italy comes Haunted, a heavy five-piece, doom metal band. Their self-titled debut album was just released at the turn of August/September through Twin Earth Records, so it is still fresh. I've found a new band to obsess over and obsess I shall.


I just started listening to Haunted and I was immediately blown away. Think of it as Electric Wizard teaming up with Pentagram adding female vocals, a dark, doomy sound played in a funky, rockin' psychedelic way. I'm just addicted to their overall sound and the catchiness of each of their songs. From the hauntingly beautiful vocals to the monolithic riffs. This is exactly how we want all of our records to sound like. The buildup on this album is amazing, not just in the songs themselves or the song lengths, but the entire record. Absolutely great tunes.


I think this is currently one of Italy's finest offerings if you're looking for stoner doom jams. Adding this to the 2016 biggest surprises from the underground! An essential newcomer, highly recommended. Don't take my word for it, just get this album and play it loud!







Album Sale (Digital, CD and Vinyl)

3 comments: